No heating or hotwater - Glow-worm Swift flow 75/80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I wonder if someone may be able to help.

I have a combi boiler Glow-worm Swift flow 75/80

At present I have no hot water or heating, the boiler is on and the pilot light is lite but when you turn on a hot water tap nothing happens it just does not seem to kick in.

I have been told that it the condensation outlet pipe is frozen this can stop boiler working sort of a saftey feature but don't know if this applies to this boiler model?

I have heated this pipe with a hair dryer and some water has dripped out I have the turned the boiler on and off a number of times but nothing.

Any help would be great, it's getting rather cold now.

Sponsored Links
swiftflow doesn't have a condensate, you have probably been waming the pressure relief discharge pipe :eek: if there is water coming from it you need to check the system pressure.Is the fan working? put you hand at the flue, can you feel air movement?

There does appear to be any air movement at the fleu.

Also in this weather previously you have seen the hot air, condensation, coming from it and there is nothing.

Does this mean the fan then?

TW asked you to check the system pressure. Any chance of you doing this?

It might be the fan but you are guessing, he is thinking.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back