No heating upstairs - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating systems works fine downstairs, but the upstairs radiators hardly get warm. It's been very cold lately and I really need to find a solution to this issue. My combi boiler is located upstairs and I have a feeling that someone has done some DIY before I moved in and possibly messed up the flow and return. I wonder if I can find the flow leaving the boiler and branch off from this and supply the upstairs radiators and then connect the return of the upstairs radiators to the existing return pipe coming back into the boiler. The easiest way would be to have the whole piping system replaced, but the downstairs is mostly tiled so I have no access to the pipe work. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Sponsored Links
It could be loads of things air in rads,rad valves closed down ,sludge,pump,etc etc.might be worth shutting all down stairs/hot rads and then seeing if others then get hot if so balancing may be at fault.Dont rush into changing pipe work just yet

Sponsored Links
Possibly an anti-gravity valve, near where the original boiler was, has never been removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back