No Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I think I ballsed up, over the last few weeks the heating has on occasions failed to come on, the programmer shows heating and hot water but the rads are cold and usually if I check the pilot light on the boiler is out. Always seem to have hot water though. When the work they are hot.

Anyway yesterday I thought I'd put some system cleaner in before the usual dose of protector. Drained a little out of the downstairs radiator but the level in the tank in the loft didn't go down. The ball valve was well tied up.

Today no heating, I seem to have no water come out of most of the upstairs radiatiors if I try and bleed them. Do get the odd bit of air.

The pipe above the pump is hot the pipe below going to the 3 port valve is warm but the other two pipes from the valve are stone cold, one to the cylinder and the other goes through the floor.

If I slide the leaver on the valve to aut then switch power off and on it moves back to the middle.

Waiting for the plumber as I'm out of ideas.

Sponsored Links
Glad you’ve got a plumber coming because you didn’t even tell us what boiler you have.

Sponsored Links
+2.

You could try reverse filling the system from a drain cock on a rad and try and push water back up into the F&E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back