No Hot water after draining cylinder to replace rad valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to sort out a "no hot water" problem which surfacing after draining down my cylinder.

I drained down my unvented cylinder system (Flowmax FM 4651) yesterday to replace a faulty radiator valve and install a new radiator. Then turned the main supply on and heard the header tank filling up.

I then tried to turn the boiler onto constant hot water. The boiler fires up but goes off after few minutes. I can hear water swishing through the pump upstairs which is running. The flow from the boiler is hot but the return is cool/lukewarm. How can I get my system up and running again so I can get my hot water back?

Just get normal flows of cold water from all the hot water taps, and the main cylinder does not seem to be topping up (even though the header tank is full). At first I thought this was potentially an airlock in the main cylinder but the problem is that the hot water does not come out of the taps unless the mains supply is on. When you turn the mains supply off no water comes out of the hot tap. Is this just because it is a direct system?

Help...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back