No Hot Water (Baxi Bermuda)

I myself have a Baxi Bermuda 552 boiler (propane), and have had a similar problem.

About a month ago, the pilot light went out, and I held the grey button for 3 minutes plus hitting the ignition, and the light stayed on again and all was well.

Then it went out again, and I did the same and it lasted only a while this time. Now I try the same solution, but the light goes out as soon as I release the grey button.

Any ideas? Thermocouple gone? Blocked jet? Too much dust?

many thanks in advance,
-filmnet

Sponsored Links
doitall why do you have to reset a gas valve if the pilot blows out? if the valve is working properly it will shut down within 60 seconds, so as long as you attempt to light it more than 60 seconds after it went out you would simply press in the grey button and sparker, sounds in this case as if the gas valve is ok as OP said he could hear the gas but it wouldn't light.

Thank you mne2 for posting this and thank you doitall for the great reply - we've been having problems with a Baxi Bermuda back boiler and the pilot light keeps going off - have managed to get it re-lit 3 times out of 5 but this last time it was being stubborn - had planned to go round a friend's house to shower in the morning but thanks to your description the flame is lit and (fingers crossed) we should have hot water! Woop woop!
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back