No hot water, central heating perfect - Glowworm Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Indirect system with Glowworm boiler, central heating fine, no hot water, as from yesterday

Pump is fine i think (i adjusted speed from low to medium and i heard its speed increase)

Thermostat or motorised valve i suspect might be the problem, how can i tell which it would be ?

The strange thing is that the pipes that provide the indirect heating (into and out of the tank) are very hot, but the tank water is not heating up (ie the pipe out of the top of the tank is cold)

What can it mean? does it mean the thermostat is broken and therefore set at ambient? How do I test the thermostat (Honeywell A641) or motorised valve?

Also when i turn on hot tap, the boiler doesnt fire up (It is Glowworm space saver KFB 50) for at least 3 minutes. But the central heating fires up every 3 mins anyway - radiators are lovely and hot!

Is there something called a flow switch which could be faulty, if so where is the flow switch located?

Thanks !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back