No hot water from new Vaillant ecotec boiler.

Blimey tony that's harsh mate, I only chemical flush it's fine and is quoted on benchmark that a chemical flush complies, he may also be right re the shower mixer mate! Especially if it's been converted from tank an cylinder system, it might have a low pressure shower that's passing, or as has been said it may be piped reverse... Isolate the cold water inlet to the boiler an open any hot tap if u got water flowing it's probably the shower

The point is he said he would do a power flush, not a chemical clean. The shower unit is about a year old, and though not impossible, it was very unlikely that this was the problem, and indeed, it turned out to be the case. And indeed, he should have isolated the shower before suggesting another £170-00 was spent on a part that was not needed.

Sponsored Links
Indeed - foxed a Worcester Combi recently by way on a check valve on the cheap and nasty shower valve.

None of the taps were giving hot water because the shower valve was passing.

Extra high flow rate on the hot water was the clue. Took a little head scratching first though I admit.

The shower unit is Mira, and not a cheap one, and as mentioned, not that old.

OP, there could be a quick way to sort this, has the shower got isolating valves ? If so turn them off to the shower and this will fix the hot water problem if it is the shower at fault, if he hasn't got any fitted i would certainly fit two and try this before i shelled out £170 for a new cartridge.

We now know it wasn't the shower, but another £170-00 was not going to be spent on guesswork.

Sponsored Links
So, can anyone guess what the problem was,, it turned out to be quite simple, after he spoke to Vaillant that is..?

its common courtesy to reply mate we all try to help people so it would be nice to get feedback. it must be simple if technical solved it, they must have been given more info than us

So, can anyone guess what the problem was,, it turned out to be quite simple, after he spoke to Vaillant that is..?

He'd ran out of gas :rolleyes: Or (depending on boiler model) installer hadn't set parameters on the boiler.

its common courtesy to reply mate we all try to help people so it would be nice to get feedback. it must be simple if technical solved it, they must have been given more info than us

Ture Bunnyman, I should not tease, as I really really do appreciate the response. But I did post a clue with the honeywell room stat. Apparently, he connected the room stat up incorrectly (which drew my attention to the fact he hadn't installed the Vailliant stat) and when this was done,, it has worked. I have no idea how he got it wrong,, given it is only two wires, but he did,, and when he altered it,, hey presto.

Im hedging my bets on crossed hot and cold pipes at the boiler.

He could have done, as the pipe entry/exit to the Ideal differs from the Vaillant, but he was keen to point this out at the start of the install,, and this again gave confidence to the client. He opened a lappy, and bragged how he had access to 6000..? different boilers, so if he couldn't solve a problem, the internet could. 10 days on,, and ,,,, no hot water..

:eek: So how does wiring a roomstat wrong cause no hotwater ? sorry mate not possible I think someone's pulling our chain here, u r not speaking to a load of numpties Mate u can't blag things ... Certainly Vaillant tech couldn't have gave advice that way trust me I know, ;) If you can give me the day an approx time I can check?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back