No hot water from taps but heating fine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This seems to be a common problem so here goes. My boiler only supplies hot water when the heating is on, the "hot " water is stone cold when the heating is off, the heating to the radiators is fine. I have an Ideal Sprint 80F combination boiler, the water pump was replaced 2 years ago but I'm assuming thats irrelevant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem in the property I recently bought. I am not a plumber but I remember the chap who was trying to solve the problem telling me the hot water tank was to small and it was missing a coil for heating the water. I have an aga range that heats the water, but in the summer when I turn the aga off I have no hot water. I replaced the hot tank with a larger one with two coils, one for the heating and one for the aga.

flow switch/diverter valve whichever it has.does the boiler fire up when u turn the tap on

Diverter valve failed!

We would charge £106 inc to repair in London.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Bones,

Sorry, been away for a while. No the boiler doesn't fire up. Is this a problem that I can fix myself or will I need an expert? If I do need to call someone how much will it cost roughly to repair?

Chunkee said:
If I do need to call someone how much will it cost roughly to repair?

i would recommend you have your eyes checked...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back