No Hot Water in Kitchen Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e Combi Boiler.

Historically, the time taken for the hot water tap in the kitchen to run with hot water has been approx 30 secs (much, much longer than any other hot tap in the house)!

As of today, this hot water tap now only runs with cold water no matter how long it runs for (have had to use kettle to fill sink with hot dishwater). All other hot water taps in the house (WC, Ensuite, Bathroom) work fine.

Central heating also works fine.

Is it just me or does this sound a little strange?

Can anyone provide me with some advice as to what the problem might be and how it can be rectified?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it the only mixer tap in the house?

What type of mixer tap is it?

Very likely the diaphragm is starting to go on the boiler , it is common that it will show in only one outlet first before it completely fails

All the taps in the house are pillar taps except the kitchen which is a monobloc mixer.

If it is a failed diaphragm - what kind of job is it to replace and how much could I expect to pay for it?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
diaphragm is a 15 minute job, just turn off the cold water to the boiler and run the lowest hot tap. it's the big flat circular valve on the left, take the microswitch off then undo the screws and tube, let the water drain from the taps, then remove the top, replace diaphragm, put back together. water back on.

probably cost anywhere between £10-15 for the diaphragm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back