no hot water on an alpha cb24x boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me I have an alpha cb24x boiler which will not produce hot water have followed flow diagram in the manual and narrowed the fault down to the flow switch or diaphragm and diverter valve.The flow swich seems to operate ok when tested on the multimeter but unsure how to check next stage "diverter valve spindle operating" any ideas as to how to check this please?

Sponsored Links
gently prize the flow switch away from the diverter valve and see if the boiler fires, if it does more than likely the diaphragm

thanks for the reply,I had removed switch and boiler fires up as normal so am I looking at the diverter diaphrhagm fault and what sort of job is it to replace I am a mechanical engineer,and it doesn't look too hard

Sponsored Links
be aware that every single fitting on this boiler will leak as soon as you look at them

quick...close your eyes:cool:

You get a complete set of seals with the diaphragm on this boiler.

Plate HE has to come off to do this 'simple' job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back