No hot water only luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i turn the central heating or hot water on it only gets luke warm, the boiler is deinately firing but not on it's full capacity as i know it (seemed louder before).

I inherited an Ariston boiler, not sure of the model

can anyone help a newbie out and tell me what to look for, or what it may be?

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi? Model?
Are you expecting too much - does the water get hot if you turn the tap down, to about 8 litres/minute?

It ie a euro combi a23

I have had it just trickling out and it is only slightly warmed, and it only happens sometimes, other times it's very hot

The radiator in central heating mode don't get at all hot either and other times they do.

it seems very random

It's as if the boiler is on but not heating anything up very hot when this happens.

It also does not shut off sometimes so i have to manually turn it off, not sure if this helps?

If its an intermittent fault then it needs tests carried out while its in the fault mode.

Anything else would just be guessing!

Tony

Sponsored Links
this sounds similar to my issues, im also a Eurocombi owner unfortunatley, although before this mine had worked fine

It could be a combination of the heating sensor and main flow switch malfunctioning maybe.

I can think of several faults those have which lead to similar problems. It's bit like saying a car is mucking about/underpowered. Needs a visit.

ok then looks like i'l have to get someone in then, are there any tests I can do to help or elimate certain problems?

Your help is appreciated

any test I can do to help solve what it could be,

any examples of what could be wrong at all?

over the phone my man said it sounds like it could be the thermostat

does this sound right to anyone in the know as his asked me if i want him to get one?

is his normal practice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back