No hot water or central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a potterton performa 24 the power light is on the pressure is correct on 1 bar but the burner light isn't coming on it's making all the right noises but it isn't firing up? The flame failure light isn't in either ?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You pay £1500 each month in rent.

So why are you still posting here as if you want to repair it yourself?

Do the obvious and get the Landlord on the case?

You have not told us if he had the expansion vessel repaired or replaced yet!

Tony

Yes the expansion vessel was replaced
I am a good tenant and don't want to be bothering my landlord on a Sunday if it's something simple like a reboot or something else.

I thought this forum was here to help people?

Thats like going to a restaurant for a meal and being a good customer and not eating the food.

Sponsored Links
I'm a rookie when it comes to boilers so I have to ask for help I wouldn't call the management agency on the emergency number who will then call the landlord because the fuse had tripped I'd reset it because I know how same goes with the boiler. If there was a simple button to press I'd do that first. I do not know if there is a simple button so I had to ask.
It's like ringing the landlord because the light isn't working - is check first to see if the bulb needed replacing.

I'd have a look in the manual (online if you don't have a paper one). If there is a simple fix it will be in there I'd imagine.

Even a two bed flat in Willesden is about £1300 pcm now.

Go to a posher area like Highgate and its £1700 in an old block and £2000+ in a fancy new block.

But then these flats are costing £1/2M upwards so a reasonable rent is only what expected!

So at just a 4% return on a £1/2M flat the rent needs to be £1666 pm.

But that's the GROSS return at 4%. The landlord has expenses like maintenance, service charges on the block which are often £3000+, insurance etc. So the net return will be less OR the rent needs to be higher to give a clear 4% net return!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back