no hot water shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we have a brittony se 80 combi boiler which is on homeserve british gas but we seem to be having some problems with it or something else
the heating works fine on the boiler and the thermostat no problems but the problem is when we run the shower the water is cold (it worked short while if u turned heating on) the shower is not electric we have 2 which both have same problem 1 is a mixer tap with hose for shower over bath the other is a mixer on the wall (bristan)in a shower enclosure/en suite
but now if you run the hot tap it runs cold unless you put the heating on and the shower not hot/warm atoll
we have had british gas out which most-time get a different engineer
1st 1 diagnosed diverter valve sticking
2nd 1 came early and left parts on doorstep while out (not supposed to)
3rd 1 plugged a wire in that the 1st engineer unplugged and took parts away
4th 1 fitted parts and said that fixed but needs new shower heads to work properly
so bought new heads and still cold even if completly remove head and just have hose
we have had the diverter valve and thermistors fitted so far
i have called british gas again today and someone will be here on monday but my partner will have to deal with them as i work away all week is there something diy i can do or does any 1 know of the fault so it can be sorted asap as with british gas its the fifth time out the boiler has always been serviced british gas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back