No hot water to bath or shower - please help a pregnant lady

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we have a Worcester Bosch greenstar boiler and have piping hot water everywhere (inc bathroom sink) except our bath taps and wall mounted shower (mixer). Any ideas? Pressure on boiler all fine. Landlord is useless and taking far too long to fix. I'm pregnant and having to strip wash at the bathroom sink. Help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks believe me I am! I'm not sure it is that. It gets hot for about 3 seconds and then goes at best to lukewarm/cold

take the shower head off the hose, run shower holding hose and see if that makes a difference.if it does pop out to screwfix,or b&q,or wickes and buy the cheapest shower hose and head you can find and put it on
screwfix or toolstation will be the cheapest

Sponsored Links
Just a few questions.

How long have you lived there?
how long has the problem been present?
what exact model greenstar is it?

The first question might not seem relevant but it could be.

We've been here 6 months. The tap to the bath never got super hot but now just doesn't heat at all. It's a greenstar 28i junior. Any indication appreciated! Tried the hose thing - not much difference

Have you ever had a combi before?
The incoming temperature of the main determines the flowrate of hot water from the boiler, for example when you moved in 6 months ago incoming water would have been warmer so the flow rate of the boiler would have been higher, but in the winter it is much colder so the flow rate of the boiler isnt great especially on an outlet with highflow like a bathtap.
In other words the amount of water coming out of your bathtap might be more than the boiler can handle, try opening the tap up slowly until you get a decent constant temp and see if that works.

As said it's not the boiler if you've got hot water everywhere else.
When you say wall mounted shower mixer do you mean a seperate one from the bath tap or one of those mixer taps with a shower attachment?
Whatever, tell the landlord to get it fixed, or get someone in and take it out of his rent money.

We seem to get hot water if not turned on full. However the shower makes weird noises likes it might come off the wall and it'll take forever to fill the bath at the rate the hot comes out! Will call a plumber tomorrow myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back