No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently experiencing some problems getting hot water. I have an 's' plan indirect system (2 x 2 port valves), my mrs said the hot water got slightly better when she turned up the room stat and the stat on the boiler, although as i understand it, this shouldnt have any effect on the hot water, either way its not working at all now anyway (and to top it all off the immersions been knackered for a while now, so i'm gonna change that when i get this sorted). I have checked both the 2 port valves and they are piping hot in both directions when calling for heat from the time clock, the pumps running and the cylinder stat was set to 70'c (i believe this is too high anyway) but no heat is coming from the draw off on the top of the cylinder, I'm capable of changing any parts if need be but just a bit stuck as to what it might be. Possibly the cylinder stat is knackered? any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
it can't be the cylinder stat as it must be calling if the pipes are hot.

is the draw off pipe at the top of the cylinder hot? .....

forget the heating
when the programmer calling for heat does the valve open and boiler and pump fire up ?

Yeah, everythings firing up as it should and the valves are opening as they should, but still no heat from the draw off...

Sponsored Links
is there any hot water from any hot water draw off in your house? is the top of the cylinder (the pipe coming out of the top) hot??

there must be a blockage in the cylinder then-probably near the top where the pipe connects. can you feel is the cylinder itself lower down is hot? ...

about 5 days or so, didnt know any earlier as been away and mrs didnt tell me, cant really feel heat in cylinder as has foam covering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back