No hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could anyone help me? I got back from work today and when i went to fill up the bowl to wash up there was no hot water. I turned the thermostat up in the front room to see if the boiler was still working and it fires up fine, so the central heating side is working fine. But no hot water coming out of any of the taps.

I have an ideal combi Boiler with a hot water storage tank in my bedroom. The thermostat on that is on 65.C so its at its highest setting but i cant work out why there is no heat.

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Hi Darren
I have an ideal combi Boiler with a hot water storage tank in my bedroom

It sounds like you have a system boiler not a combi?? Could be that the overheat stat on the cylinder has tripped or that the motorized valve is faulty.

i turned the immersion heater on for just over half hour and turned the hot water taps on but still no hot water. i looked at the zone valve and when the central heating stat is turned so heating kicks in this little black switch on the top moves forward and when i turn the heating off it returns. should it do this aswell when i turn the hot water on?

Also there is another white box on one of the pipes with a red side switch you turn like a cog this is also moving when central heating is being called for.

Cheers again

Has the emersion worked recently? Is it a pressurized system or low pressure? If pressurized, what is the cylinder make? How manyzone valves are there?

Sponsored Links
dazmanplumber

you'll make up your mind one post its a combi and a diverter valve then its a system boiler and a zone valve.

i thought it was a combi but someone i know said its a system boiler i checked the boiler its an ideal HE 12. The cylinder is a tribune he.

Its a pressurised system and in the zone valve it says zone valve actuator if i move the switch on it forward manually i can hear the boiler kicking in on the side it has an A and B at the moment it is pointing to the A.

I have not used the immersion for a couple of years.

Hope this helps you understand a little more what it is.

sounds like the motors gone in the actuator.

can you check if your getting power on the brown wire to the actuator ?

if the motor had gone in the actuator would it still move to the letter B when the central heating is turned on? because it does.

Cheers

its not a 2 then its a 3 port valve

check if your getting power to the cylinder stat when hw on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back