NO HOT WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE AN ALPHA CB 24 BOILER,WHEN HOT TAP TURNED ON I GET NO HOT WATER OR somtimes IT COMES ON AND GO,ES OFF AND ON.HOT WATER WORKS FINE WHEN CH IS ON.
ANY REASONS FOR THIS AND HOW MUCH TO REPAIR

Sponsored Links
I think there is a problem with your computer as well because it does not give small letters!

I expect there is a problem with the part which senses the flow of water to the hot taps.

We would charge £106 inclusive in the London area to include a services. In Cheshire it might be a little cheaper.

Tony Glazier

thanks for the quick reply
could it be a diverter valve fault,i mentioned the problem in the pub at the weekend,and this lad told me to check the diverter valve.
to be honest i would not know where to find it any suggestions

Always best to go with the lad in the pub. On this forum we're mostly just Corgi registered gas engineers who spend or lives fixing the things, so what would we know?

Sponsored Links
the lad in the pub is a corgi engineer but works away a lot and do,es not have the time to look at my boiler,and he was sober at the time.
sometimes we can get a full bath of hot water or 1 shower,then nothing at all or it switch between hot and cold.
works fine when heating is switched on

Well isn't that amazing! He has time to sit in the pub drinking but not enough time to fix your boiler.

Actually there is a very good reason why he should not fix it! People in pubs generally seem to expect plumbers in pubs to do free repairs for them.

I always ask callers to say where they heard of our Company so that I can check advertising responses. On one occasion he said someone in the pub had given him my name!

Tony Glazier

to be honest i would not know where to find it any suggestions
Have you looked in the manual? Its on their website.

Engineer visit would be needed to decide whether your problem is due to faulty diaphragm, flow switch, or sludge, or a combination, or one or more of several other possibilities.

just rang engineer ,he quoted me £66.50 call out plus a minimum of 3 hours @ £37.50 plus parts.seems a bit over the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back