no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
I have a boiler that is working and providing central heating ok but I can get no hot water, just luke warm

The boiler lights to heat the water, the pump works and all the pipes are hot.

I have checked :-

1) The thermostat on the hot water cylinder
2) the immersion heater does give hot water
3) The pressure release value also gives hot water when pushed
4) manually pushing the value to the central heating that then started to heat the radiators
5) There is no air in the radiators

The only think that I think might be the problem is an "air pocket".The pressure release did drip every minute and now doesn't

I am going to drain the central heating system next.

Any other suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
If you do not know what is wrong with the system, why do you want to drain it. Do you have a reason to believe that draining and refilling will cure the problem? Why do think there is an air pocket. Have you checked the pipe runs for places air could be trapped or just assuming the plumbing ai air locked.

Can you indicate what boiler make and model is, because this would have a big bearing on why the system is not functioning.

hi,

The boiler is a ideal classic RS50 and the water tank a elson silver.

I do not know what is wrong with the system but just hoped that draining the system might work. The only thing that looks wrong is the pressure release value is not dripping every 30 secs as before.

I presume this is a sealed system?.....how did you check the cylinder stat was calibrated correctly?

Sponsored Links
hi,

Yes its a sealed system. How do I check that the cylinder stat is calibrated correctly?

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back