no hw no ch at wits end

acs thanks for your input pump volts ok 1st thing tested (sparky by trade)so have a bit of understanding about c/h wiring anyway pump gets hot so no curculation we would call it in electrical curcuit resistance hence blockage your ideas would be good you seem to knoe what your talking about .

Sponsored Links
dazo said:
softus new pump brand new so cant be pump
Not so - it has been known for new pumps to be faulty. I'm not saying it isn't the pump, and I'm not saying that it is either; I just want to know how the old one was diagnosed as faulty.

If the pump is getting too hot to touch then there is still no water circulation!

Most likely cause either air in the pump or one of the pump isolation valves is not opening!

Have the pump valves been tested for opening?

Tony

Usual position of a blockage would be at the T where the feed point joins the circuit. Sometimes you can get a thin drain-spring up or down a pipe to it, perhaps via the pump valve. Often you have to cut the pipe to find out and sort it out.

Edit: That's your last chance though, heat exchanger next, which needs a corgi.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back