No HW or CH from conventional gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Ideal Classic boiler and these up stairs with the HW tank,

dsc00522wd3.jpg

dsc00523nk1.jpg

My system has 4 rads upstairs and 3 downstairs, the other day i noticed a leak from the one of the rads upstairs, i fixed this but noticed another rad upstairs was cold at the to when the heating was on. So i bled this rad and this is when my probs started.

The only thing that happed oater this was the sound like the pumped was start/stopping. Now when i start the boiler by uping the thermostat it works until it makes aspluttering sound and shuts down (about 2-3min)

Can anyone help me out please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like either you have a sealed system and due to you bleeding it there is no pressure???

Look for a pressure gauge, the silver flexi hose and into the FAQ's at the top!

OR

A vented one and the header tank is dry and not filling up or a choked cold feed to the system.

Sponsored Links
I also notice this in the FAQ's

Sealed Systems:

Check that the Automatic Air Vent (qv) in or near the boiler has its cap LOOSE. There may be additional manual or automatic vent

I have one of these so is mine sealed?

And the cap is missing????

if you have a f&e tank its not a sealed system, open systems quite often have auto-vents, there is not much chance of a gauge either, dont worry about the cap missing, (until it leaks anyway).

could well be a blocked cold feed as alraedy mentioned.

mv should have a cover as its mains electric in there

I have the cover for that m8, cheers

How should i go about getting this working, i have noticed when the pipes coming from upstairs to down get warm one stays cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back