No inhibitor!

I was hoping for a pic showing all the bits in one pic

Any filter needs to be in the boiler return.

The red circle is an air vent and not suitable for the filter..

Did BG check both pumps assuming you have two and is the sludged up pump the primary pump from the boiler or the heating pump.

Sponsored Links
Hi do it all,

Thank you for the advice on the air vent, much appreciated.

The pump changed is the one on the boiler side. The ch is running great now, quiet and red hot. I can easily check the other pump (heating) when I drain down the system.

I have one radiator (furthest away from the storage tank) with some pyramiding. I plan to drain the system from this radiator and give it a few bangs on the way.

I must say, I am a little nervous about cutting into the pipes for the filter. Will they be 22mm?

A bit worrying...

The water in the F&E tank on top of the thermal store is red hot, this is causing condensation to drip down the overflow pipe.

I think something has gone wrong? Is a valve playing up somewhere?

Pics of the inside of th F&E tank showing the level below the overflow pipe but it is still dripping outside and the water in there is red hot and I can see some circulation when the heating is on.

Also the cold feed pip into the thermal store and the F&E tank is red hot! Could it be the three way blender has failed, the one in the middle of the picture here with the black knob on it:

Well, Fernox TF1 magnetic filter installed and X400 added.

Loved using the 28mm pipe cutter (round thing you put on the pipe and rotate) fantastic and gratifying clean straight cut!

Will run and clean the system for the next four weeks then drain and put in the X400.

Thanks everyone for the advice, fingers crossed all will be ok!

Sponsored Links
Well, Fernox TF1 magnetic filter installed and X400 added.

Loved using the 28mm pipe cutter (round thing you put on the pipe and rotate) fantastic and gratifying clean straight cut!

Will run and clean the system for the next four weeks then drain and put in the X400.

Thanks everyone for the advice, fingers crossed all will be ok!

You still have it wrong, after 4 weeks you need to add X100 not more X400

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back