No lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The lighing circuit in my flat cut out as I pulled the switch in the bathroom, came on for a quick flash then all lights went out throughout the flat.

Have checked the trip switches all are on, and rather confused.
The bathroom has 4 low voltage bulbs. (which I haven't checked as am alone & the ceilings a v high & one blown bulb wont knock the entire lighting circuit out surely???)

The other 3 flats report no problems & everything else electrical is working, just not the lights.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Sponsored Links
Most likely a loose connection in the pull switch, which just happens to be the first switch in the run from the consumer unit, thus taking out the feed to all the other lights.

Also check the trip switch (circuit breaker) hasn't tripped internally but not showing it (although tbh I would have expected the lever to drop a little); turn it off all the way and back on again.

Other than that, yes loose connection as suggested.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps.
On your advice checked wiring to pull switch and is ok all secure and knocked the mains switch fully off then on. A new pull switch was fitted in the bathroom a few months ago maybe thats gone west. Dunno.
Sounds like something more than a simpleton like me can handle so got a spark coming at 4.
Regards, Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back