No More Nails Red Strips - Did they change them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I discovered the No More Nails “red” strips a while ago - these are the “Permanent” ones and I’d always had a lot of success with them - I’d used them to attach a monitor for a reversing camera inside my wife’s car, I’d used them to attach cable clips where the supplied adhesive pads had failed, let’s just say I used them anywhere where I didn’t want to have to drill or hammer anything in.

I always liked the fact that they were readily available too - EVERY supermarket had them, ditto every hardware shop. But then recently I wanted to get some more to use for something and I couldn’t find them anywhere in our local shops. I eventually went online and bought them from Amazon, but when they arrived I discovered they were basically useless as the red backing tape wouldn’t come off - I spent ten minutes wrestling with one piece trying to get it to come off.

Seemingly a lot of people who bought them from Amazon had the same problem.

Anyone know if they’ve changed the design of these? And anyone know why you can’t buy them in shops anymore?

Sponsored Links
Just buy double sided foam tape.( oven temp version is good for hot locations)

Sponsored Links
Prevented me removing a computer safe under a desk with just two 300mm strips, hanging my 16st off it didn’t budge it.
Well you must be buying stronger stuff than I have been. Past experience has seen things falling off within minutes of being attached.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back