no pilot light/HW/CH, HEEELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Potterton Flamingo 40 boiler, the pilot light was on this morning but got no HW/CH. The timer was then reset and the thermostat was fine. But still no response. The pilot light was out this evening. Anyone knows how to re-light the pilot and what could be the problems with my system?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
LIGHTING THE BOILER

A. Remove the facia panel by pulling away from the controls cover. A finger hole is provided in the lower edge to assist this.

B. Check that the main electricity supply to the boiler is switched on and that the boiler thermostat is in the 0 (OFF) position.

C. Ensure that the time control, if fitted, is in an 'ON' condition, and that the room and/or cylinder thermostats where fitted, are set to high temperatures.

D. Turn the control knob clockwise as far as possible (approximately 1/12th of a turn) and release it.

E. Press and hold in the control knob whilst pressing the igniter button several times.

Continue to hold in the control knob and check through the sight hole, that the pilot has lit. When lit, hold in the control knob for about 15 seconds, then release it and the pilot should remain alight.

NOTE:

If the pilot fails to light or goes out at any time, immediately turn the control knob clockwise as far as possible (approximately 1/12th of a turn) then release it and wait three minutes before repeating the procedure. The control knob should not be touched during this period.

F. Turn the boiler thermostat on and to a high setting and the main burner will light.

G. Set the boiler thermostat and the room and/or cylinder thermostat(s) and time control, where installed, to their required operating conditions.

H. Refit the facia panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help. The pilot light is back on now.

Like I said before, the pilot was alight before, but I had no HW or CH. Now, the room thermostat is on max & both the HW & CH are set to ON in the timer. So why isn't the boiler firing up to heat the HW/CH? Is there something wrong with my timer control?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, don't know anything about boilers. Where is the gas valve exactly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back