No power to heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help, I currently have no heating, when I turn the heating on it runs for about 2 min then stops. I've replaced the pump and there is no power getting to the pump, I've replaced the 3 way motorised valve and I've connected the room stat connections together. Can someone please advise. The boiler is a Ferroli SIGMA 40-60

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a multimeter and trace the wiring back to the point where you can confirm that 230V exists.

It may be that you hve just wired the new 3 port valve in wrong.

Don't know this particular boiler so can't comment on this aspect, but assume it is a heat only boiler.

You seem to be blindly replacing a lot of parts when you dont seem to have diagnosed that they were faulty.

That can be expensive!

Tony

Sponsored Links
212.jpg

212-1.jpg

Help ?

Thanks for your response. Sorry I'm no sparky!!! I replaced the 3 port valve cos the cover had broken, but used the existing power cable. However I did change the pump thinking this would fix the problem.

Where should I be loonking at the wireing or at the boiler?

Thanks

Start at the pump & work your way back ........ I don't wish to sound unreasonable here, but your asking us to guess where your fault is, you have a diagram showing you how it should be ....... If you can't read it, you need somone who can

Thanks for the diagram, I'm sorry it probably does sound like that!!! This is now over my head even with the diagram, just 1 more question.....Who should I call out a Sparky or an electrical engineer?

Thanks so much for you advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back