No pressure in my Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Hansgroer pump installed for a power shower. Since installation the hot water pressure has been intermittent. It is positioned slightly above the hot water tank. The hotwater pipe from the tank is fitted using an Essex flange. I have tried turning the water temp down to reduce cavitation and have also turned the pump around to try and blast through the trapped air with the cold water. None of the above have helped?

I have heard that centrifugal pumps are particularly bad at coping with air whereas a pump that use blades is better.

Can anyone help?

Matt

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer.

i would say the pump is in the wrong place as it should be on the floor, not above the hotwater tank, as it is trying to suck the hotwater out of the tank rather than to pump it out.

Also as it has recently been installed why not get back who ever installed it, since it does not work properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back