No pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in need of some advice. I have an Ideal Classic boiler FF240 and a Heatrae Sadia CL145 upstairs. As far as I can tell, there are no leaks and the water is fine. However, the bar pressure guage drops to zero all the time. I have to reset the pressure at least three times a day, and on both systems they deo to zero. Any suggestions would be really appreciated,

Sponsored Links
Sorry, forgot to say I have tries to repressurise the system by leaving hot tap on, opening valve, waiting for gurgling to stop but still no good after a couple of hours

Thanks for the quick reply. The boiler was serviced last month, and I can't see any visible signs of a leak?

Sponsored Links
Are you referring to the pressure on the Megaflo CL?

It is probably leaking water out of the pressure relief valve having lost its air gap.

Like they all do after a period of time/use. What a cr@p design they are.

Poxi Batterton design a flawed cylinder and their marketing dept patent it and sell it to gullible consumers as a benefit. I have to take my hat off to them, this is brilliance.

If it is the cylinder you are reading the pressure from you will need to recharge the air gap following the instruction stuck to the side by the company that made it, because they knew what was going to happen. Didn't put it in the brochure though.

If your problem is typical, you will need a G3 qualified techy to replace the PRV as they rarely reseat in a watertight manner. Thus the pressure drop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back