No PRV fitted to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are currently having a 2 storey extension built and we needed to move the boiler, the company that moved the boiler have told us that no PRV was piped in, he said it could have flooded our house if the pressure had gone above 3 bar. He has now piped it in and taken it outside.

The company that originally fitted the boiler 3 years ago were a nightmare, left us 1 week with no heating and hot water and we had a baby at the time. They also left us 3 months with no heating in the bathroom as they had piped it in wrong. We had many problems with the heating and hot water afterward, so we arranged for another company to go over the install and he confirmed everything was fine.

So, since we have discovered this lack of PRV pipe, what should we do? Should we go back to the original company and complain and get them to foot the bill? (I really doubt they will, they had very slopey shoulders when it came to problems). Would trading standards do anything? What about the other company that came to check it 3 years ago and confirmed everything was fine! He obviously didn't do his job properly either!

The company that noticed the missing PRV pipe is well aware of the original company and he wonders why they are still trading, as they have had to do a lot of repairs of problems they never fixed.

Any advice on what we should do next?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
My advice is move on. Did you not have it serviced in 3years? The fault would have been picked up earlier if you had.

Before I read the last post I was formulating exactly the same words!

Just move on and try to enjoy your life!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back