No ridging tiles on neighbours roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I know nothing about roofing. I'm from the UK and my neighbor was having work done to his building and ran out of money in result the work was abandoned and he now has no ridging tiles. The building is attached to mine (used to be 1 building but was divided into 2 buildings) it is a slate roof. My question is this.. will this situation affect my building and if so where do I stand?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Post photos.
Where is the property?

Property is in wales. We recently had our replaced using reclaimed slates so had he. But they didn't finish the job. The building is 5 floors so getting a close picture is not achievable. The scaffolding has since gone down

Attachments

• IMG_1342.PNG
    IMG_1342.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 183
Is the boundary where the tiles stop or where the drain pipe is?

It might be worth nipping up to the loft in daylight and seeing if you can see any holes

Sponsored Links
Is the boundary where the tiles stop or where the drain pipe is?

It might be worth nipping up to the loft in daylight and seeing if you can see any holes
It's where the my boundary would be where the drain pipe would be. I can't access my front loft as there is no hatch. (Back loft have 2 rooms with a sky light but front is empty space with no way of acess)

did they put felt or membrane down before the slates?

did they put felt or membrane down before the slates?
Yeah they took the old slates off took old membrane off then layed the reclaimed tiles but didn't put the ridging tiles down. That's just the front the back was never started

Very little rainwater should enter at the unfinished ridge - which starts about 550mm to 750mm from the party wall in the loft. But, long term, it obviously needs finishing.

None of the ridge tiles appear to have been bedded-in? If thats the case then they will be vulnerable to being blown off the roof esp. the last tile.

If water stains do appear over the winter then you will have to carefully open the attic ceiling to locate the source of the leak - or insert a borescope or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back