No sense of humour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many of you remember Borat? The Kazakh character invented by Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G)?

You might remember a joke he once told: "There is a chair, and it is wearing shoes... and the chair is dancing!". :eek:

Well, it turns out that he was right: Kazakhstan officially has no sense of humour. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
He said Kazakhstan reserves the right to take legal action to "prevent new pranks of the kind".

:D :D :D What can you say to that?

Perhaps he's going to send round the prank police, after all it's a very serious matter!

I can just imagine the reaction of the UK newspapers if a comedian of foreign descent in another country made out that all englishmen were stupid, after all look at this week's reaction to what after all is only a football song sung by the argentines!

kendor said:
I can just imagine the reaction of the UK newspapers if a comedian of foreign descent in another country made out that all englishmen were stupid,

The papers can say what they like, would it really bother you?

after all look at this week's reaction to what after all is only a football song sung by the argentines!

Hadn't heard about this, a quick google and the News of the World website tells me that they called the English players 'fags' and 'whores'.
I'm sure that the News of the World has called the 'Argies' a lot worse than this in the past. The English players are all grown up, very high earners who are more than used to the public spotlight. If they get upset by being called names they should change their jobs.

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
kendor said:
I can just imagine the reaction of the UK newspapers if a comedian of foreign descent in another country made out that all englishmen were stupid,

The papers can say what they like, would it really bother you?

after all look at this week's reaction to what after all is only a football song sung by the argentines!

Hadn't heard about this, a quick google and the News of the World website tells me that they called the English players 'fags' and 'whores'.
I'm sure that the News of the World has called the 'Argies' a lot worse than this in the past. The English players are all grown up, very high earners who are more than used to the public spotlight. If they get upset by being called names they should change their jobs.
No doesn't bother me at all i was merely making an observation, the latter bit about the argies is actually a traditional soccer song they always sing when facing england and have sung it since the late fifties, how many derogatory songs get sung at football matches about the opposition?
So the point i was trying to make was that fun was made about the reaction by the minister yet imagine how the likes of the Sun and news of the world newspapers would have a field day if it was done in reverse.

Back