No spin washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washer is actually still under warranty, but I have clothes I need to wash asap. Thus, wondering if there are any ideas.

Washer fills, washes, drains, but no spin.

Any help is really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Without any other information such as what happens when the washer goes to spin? or what the model number is on the appliance? I will assume the washer goes dead when its supposed to spin and in that case I will suggest looking into a faulty lid switch first.

I had exactly the same problem with our old Hoover washing machine. After paying £20 to some shyster who said there was nothing wrong with it I decided to investigate. It turned out that there was a kid's tiddly wink in the outlet hose.When it went flat in the hose the water flow was barely affected. When it dropped edge on into one of the serrations in the hose it restricted the flow by about 90%. It looks as if the Hoover allocates a set amount of time to pump out before the spin cycle kicks in. If the water level hasn't dropped below some hidden sensor in the time given the high-speed spin cycle doesn't start. I was inspired to check the hose when I noticed that the dirty water was reduced to a trickle by the time it got to the outside drain. You might try checking this yourself.
If it looks like a blockage try taking the hose off and poking it through with an 8 foot bamboo plant cane (you really will need something this long). The problem recurred a couple of years later with a 20p piece. Thereafter the machine did sterling service for many years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back