No water coming out of non power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daughters house ( not new ) has a non power shower with no water coming out at all. In the airing cupboard theres the hot water cylinder, two electric valves and a pump.
When you open the shower, nothing happens at all. All hand valves in the airing cupboard are open and there is power as the immersion works and this comes from the same junction box that the valves and pump are connected to. Any thoughts as to what to check etc. Maybe a daft question but how does the pump know when to start?
Only ever had power showers so this is all a bit of a mystery

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
has she just moved in , or has the shower just developed this fault ?

Is the pump a shower pump, or the CH circulation pump?

to answer your question chris ,re shower pumps .most are self activating ,when you open your shower tap / valve. water flows thru pump and it starts automatically. with the info available so far ,I suspect the pump you have is the CH circulator and nowt to do with the shower. if I were you I would follow the pipes from the shower ,looking for isolation valves . if you establish water is getting to the shower , but nothing comes out ,then the valve itself needs attention .blocked filters , non return valves seized ,or faulty shower valve. regards terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back