NO WATER GETTING INTO WASHING MACHINE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine is just a coupon of years old, warranty expired.

The water inlet hose had a tiny leak In the hose itself, dont know how but anyway, I had a spare, disconnected the leaking hose, a simple task, and fitted the spare hose, put the water back on, switched the machine on, and no water is getting through to the machine.

switched water back off, undone the inlet to the machine, put the hose over a bucket and switched water back on for a second, no probs, water comes gushing out the end into my bucket. So, has anyone got any ideas as to why the machine is not taking the water.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There is a filter/gauze on the washer, everything looks very clean, both ends of the hose and the inlet slot at the back of the machine.

I know this could all be coincidence but the machine actually worked fine yesterday, this is when I noticed a little water at the side of the machine, pulled it out and this is when I spotted a tiny nip in the outlet hose, but absolutely worked fine yesterday.

I wouldn’t have a clue about solenoids etc etc and don’t want to have to fork out, possibly unnecessarily, on a new machine.

Sponsored Links
I’ve put the old hose back on, even though it drips, and the machine works fine, so, I’ll just order a new genuine part hose pipe and put this on when it arrives.

thanks to those who responded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back