No water going to the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

First thanks in advance for a reply.
My issue is probably a simple one. Last year got my boiler serviced and I haven't touched it since then, it's been on circa 1.0bar, now the winter is kicking in I decided to bleed the radiators, knowing that the pressure bar would sink I decided to put at least another 0.5-1 bar by turning the valve at the bottom of the boiler which is what I've always done every year.

Anyway on turning this valve no water is going into the boiler, I'm not sure if the engineer forgot to switch something back on (valve or something). It's obviously too late to call him back now.

The boiler is a Baxi you can see the picture here

http://www.studentbunk.com/problem.jpeg

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Both valves need to be opened to let the water fill the boiler. Obviously one is stuck or you are turning it the wrong way.

Both valves need to be opened to let the water fill the boiler. Obviously one is stuck or you are turning it the wrong way.

Does it turn anti clockwise or clockwise wise?
Jesus, can't budge it, there's like a nutbolt think on the end of it, you reckon this needs losening, what the heck has he done? lol

Many thanks!!

You must be a limpwristed desk jockey. ;)

Use a pair of pliers to shift it or remove the black butterfly lever and use an adjustable spanner.

Sponsored Links
God dammit i hate doing anything like this im always scared of breaking stuff! :rolleyes:
Why would he have turned this off??
Tried it again, wound't budge, there is some kind of nut at the base of the valve, do you reckon this needs losening?

thanks!!

Its supposed to be turned off (the hose should be disconnected after use as well) in order to comply with the water regulations.

DO NOT remove the nut - its likely to be a test point fro the double check valve incorporated into the valve.

Just use pliers and it will shift (it will probably only turn one way though)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back