no water in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i have quite a large heating system,20ish rads. Some on the ground floor work fine some only get luke warm(have bleed them,some release water others hiss a bit then stop no water).on top floor same thing but 4 or5 or them are stone cold tryed to bleed but nothing,ieven took the whole vent valve out no water inside.any help please. thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for replys,boiler is an Ideal Mini,and it is an open system.What i called a vent valve is a Air vent valve.Hope you can help Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for reply i think your spot on F/E tank is full.Just a shame the tank is in the worst possible position cant even fully take the lid off its about 2 inches from the roof and wedged into the corner. :(

lovely.
if you have a magnet place it near tee where it joins the system if it sticks its where the block will probably be.

you can cut the pipe and renew that section.

or cut pipe and clear blockage and refit pipe.

Hi, cheers Thanks for reply sorry so long getting back have hade probs with this computer thing too.

Hi, cheers Thanks for reply sorry so long getting back have hade probs with this computer thing too.

if you have a magnet place it near tee where it joins the system if it sticks its where the block will probably be.
Out of curiosity could you explain why the magnet would stick near the Tee on the F/E tank if it was blocked :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back