Noisey Ideal Isar HE30 Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new full system fitted in my 4 bed three bath detatched property. The boiler has been noisey from day one. I am now on the second boiler as the first was replaced. Same noise and problem.

The boiler makes a whirring noise, and fluctuates up and down similar to a revving of a car. The pressure needle also goes up and down with this fluctuation of sound.

Any ideas on this problem would be greatly appreciated so that I have an idea of possibilities before the installers come back .

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That sounds to me like a description of what they sound like when they are working!

Who replaced the first boiler and why did they do that?

What did they say was wrong?

Tony

This is so noisey the neighbour complained. It really is bad. The installers agreed that it was overly noisey and thought it was a manufacture fault. It is fitted in a boiler room on the other side of my kitchen so well away from other rooms. It can be heard in back bedrooms and downstairs lounge and living rooms. It honestly can wake you up at night. "doin my head in" :evil:

I've got one of these Isar HE 30 doing exactly the same. It is still under the manufacturers 2 year warranty luckily. I've had Ideal out twice now ansd have heard nothing back from customer so I presume all is ok.

I wish I had never heard of ideal boilers as I have had nothing but trouble from them and poor back up response from Ideal. Sometimes up to 7 working days waiting for a service call.

Main recurring problems are

Diverter valve sticking
PCB
Gas valves
fan
heat exchangers leaking (I always fully powerflush and cleanse system)

This is why i'll never fit another aluminium heat exchanger.

I think they are the new 'Potterton Suprima' :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
gas4you

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to hear a fitters point of view, and to hear you have had problems similar to mine.( Not happy you have problems, if this makes sense) I will use your experiences when I next meet up with the fitters. Cheers

Although sorry to hear of your problems with boiler, at last i now know ours is not the only one. British Gas as part of homecare contract have been trying to fix ours for 18 months now and have at last decided to replace the boiler which is 4 years old. Our neighbours (detached) have also complained, ours has also been described as sounding like a car revving but also like a cow in labour!

Our boiler has just about every part replaced at least twice mainly because the vibration damages them.

Strangely Ideal have no idea of what is wrong and don't know of any other boiler having the same fault!

i wonder if ideal are paying their boiler designers minimum wage?

i always thought ideal where bad but after hearing one horror story after another i wonder why people still fit them, they are cheaper/better boilers out there for your money.

had a alpha b rated boiler make a rattling sound when firing up, had to put a house brick on top of the boiler to stop it. last b rated alpha boiler i ever fitted.

From what I can gather from the engineer via my customers, the problem has been something in the flue connection in the boiler. Certainly would explain the reving up as this is the fan modlating the boiler ;)

is it twin flued?

sometimes the installer doesnt put enough fall (or any at all) and condensate can build up in the exhaust flue

and that can make ONE HELL of a noise

one of the lads was on a site from ages correcting something like 30 units flues they all had very similar symptoms to yours

gas4you said:
No just normal flue with vertical roof terminal

how do you know gas

Ijust went throught the post again did I miss the OP saying about the flue?

daverik said:
I have had a new full system fitted in my 4 bed three bath detatched property. The boiler has been noisey from day one. I am now on the second boiler as the first was replaced. Same noise and problem.

The boiler makes a whirring noise, and fluctuates up and down similar to a revving of a car. The pressure needle also goes up and down with this fluctuation of sound.

Any ideas on this problem would be greatly appreciated so that I have an idea of possibilities before the installers come back .

Thanks.
Why on earth did you have an Isar put in in the first place!!

Sorry but its got to be said

Stan

corgiman said:
gas4you said:

how do you know gas

Sorry corgiman, I thought you were asking about the noisey one I had under warranty :oops:

gas4you said:
corgiman said:
gas4you said:

how do you know gas

Sorry corgiman, I thought you were asking about the noisey one I had under warranty :oops:

lmao

no probs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back