Noisy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to ask a really simple question... i have a noisy boiler, classic kettling and knocking. I have added a cleaner (Sentinel) about 4 weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be having a drastic effect thus far, and I started to wonder if it might be the pump that is not working. however, as i am still getting hot water through reliably I felt that indicated I was working on more than just a convection cycle. That said i can't really detect any signs of life from the pump, it is getting 240 volts but seems very quiet. (Its a grundflos pump). Whats the chance the pump is dead?

My boiler is a 5000o btu servicing a 4 bed house and I used 1 litre of Senitel 200 noise reducer with 100 inhibitor as well. I am wondering also if this was enough. I had wanted to use Fernox, would it be worth me redosing with Sentinel or Fernox?

MOD

please see item 9

Pete

Sponsored Links
p2493710_l.jpg

undo the screw marked bleed and see if the shaft is turning
if you cant see it shove a small screwdriver in the hole ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back