NOISY BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a BIASI M96.28SM/C boiler. Any time we use hot water it makes a banging noise during the time water is used. When the central heating comes on at first in the day, the boiler makes the same banging noise for a few minutes, then it goes away - you never hear it again until the next time the central heating starts from cold. I have changed the D.H.W heat exchanger but this did not cure it. If anyone has suggestions for remedying this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
I suspect your main heat exchanger is somewhat scaled up and your boiler has not been range rated as it should have been at installation.

If its an early one with two pcbs the turn the one marked RISC fully anticlockwise.

If its a later one with a single PCB it has to be done in software settings from the front panel. This procedure is in the book but is very tedious and would be better done by an engineer at the next service when the gas settings have been checked as well.

Not all engineers are competent with this kind of setting up !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back