Noisy Copper Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conventional heating system, with a (old looking) boiler in a cupboard downstairs, and a big copper tank up in the loft. Problem that i have is once the central heatings been on a few hours (so the systems been nice and hot for a while) the system starts to make crazy loud banging noises. the noises seem to be coming from the loft wich would suggest the copper boiler? as soon as the banging starts i turn the CH off via the timer by the boiler downstairs and the banging immedeatly stops.

this happens every time i use the central heating (providing i leave it on a few hours)

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
All depends if you value a basic boiler repair expensive compared to system boiling over distorting tanks bringing ceilings down and possibly killing someone as happened recently.

Boiler stats are usually around 20 quid plus fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back