Noisy fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new under worktop fridge AEG SKB58211AF

The power comes on and off and when on makes an awful racket.

Is this normal?

Its predecessor AEG of similar model made no noise at all and neither do my other fridges.

I thought it maybe because it is new and would settle down but last night it kept me awake all night.

I'd be grateful for some help please.

JameseB

Sponsored Links
Not really plumbing, would be better in the appliance forum.

Adjust the feet so it is standing firmly on all four of them and can't wobble or vibrate.

Adjust the feet so it is standing firmly on all four of them and can't wobble or vibrate.

Thanks.

It's integrated and just been installed by very good AEG installers so I would have thought that was done.

Should it make a noise at all?

Thanks for help

JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Worth checking if it has a fan at the back of the storage compartment nothing is touching the fan through the grille. Neighbour called me in to look at his noisy freezer when I pulled the packet of frozen peas forward instant cure!:LOL:

No a new fridge should not be that noisy, call the supplier/ installer back.

No a new fridge should not be that noisy, call the supplier/ installer back.

Thanks. It is just a fridge with no freezer or compartments and is new and empty.

Its predecessor I had for many years was silent.

Should it be silent?

Should the power go on and off please?

JamesEB

Last edited:
Its predecessor of similar model I had for many years was silent.

Should it be silent?

Thanks
James EB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back