Noisy + Leaky Hotpoint Aquarius 1000 WM22 de luxe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a 8 year old Hotpoint Aquarius 1000 WM22 de luxe washing machine. It has served me really well over the time without any issues.

Lately, its been noisy during the spin cycle. Also when I rotate the drum, I can hear the same noise, although the drum is rotating freely without any hinderance..

Also, a couple of time during the last week, it has also leaked water (plain water but a bit yellow-rusty due to corrosion at the bottom) from undeneath. The clothes are still perfect washed and almost dry at the end of cycle.

I was going to order the 3 piece bearing repair kit to replace the bearing along with the seal.

Queations are:
1. Is the noise associated with leak by any chance (are they known to fail together on this model)?

2. If not, is there anything else I should order as well before I take it apart for the bearing change?

3. Lastly, is bearning change an easy to average job on this model? Are there any helpful pointers before I begin the exercise?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back