Noisy Myson pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been startled a couple of times recently (usually early morning or late evening) by a sudden ear-splittingly loud, whining, chugging noise emerging from the airing cupboard. At close quarters, it's as though a plane is about to hit the house. Then it dies away.

Initially I thought it was the pump for the shower, so I've been switching that off, but as I hear the noise when it's off, and when the shower isn't in use, I think it must be something else. Having googled the remaining likely culprit (labelled Myson compact) I now know that this is a pump.

I'd be really grateful if anyone who knows about these things could tell me if there's anything I could do to narrow down the possible problem and whether it's possible that this pump is coming to the end of its life.

I've got a contract for the service and maintenance of the boiler and heating but I don't want to call them out if it's something else or something obvious that could easily be fixed.

I bled the radiators only last week.

Sponsored Links
Screaming pump , system just bled so could be a lack of water ,check header tank has water in it may even be blocked cold feed.
If you lucky it is just pump on way out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back