Noisy Pipes and Splutting Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a Ideal boiler fitted a couple of weeks ago. Since yesterday the pipes are making a noise when i use the cold and hot water taps upstairs and downstairs and when i flush the toilet. Also, the taps a shooting out water with force, hot and cold upstairs and downstairs. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance :D

Suzanne

Sponsored Links
Hello, I had a Ravenheat (not sure what model) before and i have an Ideal HE24 now :D

Sponsored Links
ok the pressure on your mains is too high and you need a pressure reducing valve fitted IMHO

Thanks for your replies. I had the boiler fitted by Warmfront, so i will contact the company that fitted the boiler, i hope itn not too expensive to fix :D

corgiman said:
what did you have before

and what ideal do you have now

He doesn't have anything that's Ideal :LOL:

Poor I know but clean... Sorry :oops:

If you've only had the system a few weeks, get the Engineer back out... I assume you did have a RGI to install it didn't you? :?:

edit: sorry just seen the replies. They should have measured the pressure when they fitted. Have you recently had your Water Service Main renewed? That would have an affect on the Water Pressure. If not, then I'd be wanting to know why they didn't spot the pressure when fitting. Have you had this problem since fitting? Seems strange that you are only having this problem now?

the prv is about 30 plus vat and depending on where the rising main is about an hour to fit

We had the bolier fitted about two weeks ago, and this problem started yesterday. I did not have this problem with the last boiler i had, but i went without heating and hot water for a number of weeks prior to having the new boiler fitted :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back