Noisy spin cycle - bearings ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 1000 that's making alot of noise on its spin cycle. The performance is fine it's just very noisy ( It's about 5 years old ) A guy in a shop said that the bearings have probably gone and will cost over £140.00 to replace which will take 2 weeks. Is this accurate ? Any ideas what it could be ? Is this a job I could do myself ? I have the average handyman tools and skills.

If anyone knows how I could diagnose this \ change the bearings I'd really appreciate the advice.

Have a good Easter break in advance.

Jars

Sponsored Links
that's not a bad price, but you could buy a new one with another £100

john

yes more than likley bearings
how to check? open door and hold outer drum steady then see if inner drum rocks up and down independantly if so bearing gone.not an easy job is gone.
hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Just did one today. 2nd Zanussi this week.
Whole tub assembly has to come out.
Chances are the drum shaft is stuck solid to the front of the 2 bearings and the inner race will be left in the tube.
Can be done OK. Takes around an hour and a half to strip out, seperate the parts, fit the new bearings and reassemble (only if you've done it several times before) and refit to machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back