Noisy timer switch on panel heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone tell me if there is a remedy to prevent the timer switch from being noisy on my Creda panel heater. It's situated in the bedroon and the timer runs in the evening and is a disturbance when trying to sleep. Would a squirt of WD40 or the likes solve the prob. Also have a noisy time switch on another appliance !! - a plug in timer switch, a common problem perhaps ??? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
they all make a noise. Its how they work - the mechanism. no way to remedy it. do not spray it - you will ruin the heater.

possibly replace the plug in timer switch with a digital one, and run the heater on "constant" thru the external timer?

Thanks Crafty. I've got a couple of these Creda panel heaters one in each bedroom, one is virtually silent, but the one in question is very noisy when in "clock mode" - I just wanted it to be less noisy, like the other one, which has a very low amount of noise

Sponsored Links
electricalkid said:
Thanks Crafty. I've got a couple of these Creda panel heaters one in each bedroom, one is virtually silent, but the one in question is very noisy when in "clock mode" - I just wanted it to be less noisy, like the other one, which has a very low amount of noise

swap them over :idea:

but seriously, if its making a lot of noise, perhaps the mechanism has slipped so it is touching the panel and this is amplifying the sound. Try the Creda helpline, it could be a common problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back