Non conventional Venting of a tumble dryer

SJS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've currently got a vented tumble dryer but am moving house and putting a 4" vent through the outside wall is both impractical(lack of space on the external wall) and undesirable (listed building). Can anyone advise if it is possible to vent by reducing down to a 32mm pipe and then discharging into sink / washing machine waste pipe? (or any other alternative).
Any help greatly appreciated.
SJS

Sponsored Links
no, it will overheat the dryer.

poke it through an open window

It's on the ground floor so not an option to go through roof.
Also no windows in the room where it is - so putting it through that isn't an option either, unfortunately.
I've seen the condensing boxes which I would use as a last resort but would prefer an alternative if there is one.
Thanks for the replies so far.
SJS

Sponsored Links
It's on the ground floor so not an option to go through roof.
Also no windows in the room where it is - so putting it through that isn't an option either, unfortunately.
I've seen the condensing boxes which I would use as a last resort but would prefer an alternative if there is one.
Thanks for the replies so far.
SJS

Unless you vent through the wall you're going to have condensation problems. The condensing box takes a lot of the moisture out but not all, same with condensing dryers.
If you really can't do any of the suggestions then you either put up with the condensation or you don't have a dryer.

then drill a hole through the wall and put a rose bush in front of it, like me.

fit a clay louvred air brick to the external course, stopping the hose just inside this airbrick. it will still vent ok.

rimg0020.jpg

get a dryer that does not need a vent.

Better still, a washing line & save the leccy bill :D

even the condensing ones blow out quite a bit of moisture. As the room has no windows we can expect it to fill with mildew and mould :(

Make a hole in the wall!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back