Non-existent water flow in hot tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into my new house and have some taps, pretty similar to these...

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...rail=C$cip=42900>C$cip=42913&categoryId=42913

...in my bathroom.

The cold tap works fine, with a good consistent flow. However the hot tap, at best, just trickles, even when fully open, and sometimes there is no water at all.

The water, when it does come out, is hot.

I have hot water in all my other hot taps, so I don`t think the problem is the boiler (a combi).

I have a plumber coming on Tuesday (31st Oct). What is the problem likely to be? Are we likely to need a new set of taps???

Sponsored Links
Those taps

The water level in the storage tank should be at least 1m above the hand shower.
should be OK as long as you have more than the metre.
SHower head scaled up?
Could be someone used long twisted flexible pipes to connect the taps? The cold may be on the mains - plumber will conform.

Hi,

I have problems with the hot tap in the bathroom, when you turn it on it starts to work ok then as you turn it on more, the water flow stops completely.

A friend of mine came round and changed the washer on it for a smaller one and this resulted in the tap having a slow drip but working ok for approximately 2 - 4 weeks (he said the original problem had been caused by the previous washer being too big).

It has now returned to the same state it was before? My friend did advise me that I would need to get a washer that was larger then the one he had put on, but smaller than the one that was on it when I moved in.

The flat that I moved into looks like it has not had much work done on it since the1980s, the taps are very old. Do taps wear out, is it perhaps new taps I am needing?

Thanks for any help.

Barbs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back