non return valve in hot/cold feeds to shower pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm fitting a 1.25 bar pump to provide for a shower over the bath.
The hot water tank is gravity fed from cold water storage tank in loft.
Hence the hot water tank wont take much pressure. The 22mm feed from the hot water tank is about 1 metre from the pump. I am concerned at the possibility of any momentary back pressure from the pump damaging the hot water tank. The pump suppliers discourage fitting non return valves as they restrict flow to the pump.

Are my worries on the pump back pressuring the hot water tank justified ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should not just T into hot pipe for your shower pump supply. This should ideally be fed from its own hot supply via either a surrey flange or an essex flange. The surrey is easier to fit as it replaces the compression outlet on the top of your cylinder.

The cold needs to be a seperate feed from the same tank or another next to it as well.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I find the Essex better than the Surrey, because it can often be difficult to arrange for the shower outlet to be pointing in the best direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back