Pump for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a gravity feed shower and I've bought a pump to go with it. The instructions with the pump say that it's best to fit it as close to the bottom of the hot water tank as possible. I'm running the plumbing for the shower through the loft and down into the bathroom. If I fit the pump next to the tank, which is in a bedroom cupboard, it means the water will be running down into the pump from the hot water tank and the cold tank, which is in the loft, then back up to the loft from the pump. That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Is that normal?

Sponsored Links
So are these pumps man enough to push the water from near the bedroom floor all the way back up to the loft and across the loft to the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
yes if you dont belive me connect it up to the tank leave the outlet off and see how high it throws the water :LOL: joke :LOL:
:LOL: It'd be fun to try it though wouldn't it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back