Non standard 3pin plug top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a non standard 3pin plug top, 1 pin is round and the other two are standard uk but in this case it's the neutral pin thats round and the earth and live are normal.....does anyone know where i can buy these??

Sponsored Links
It's a residential building and there are about 50 double sockets with this different fitting in the communal areas and we only have 1 plug top.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's Wandsworth but i've been in contact with them and they no longer have any stock or manufacture them or know where i can get them.

And i don't want to replace 50 odd sockets!

Whatever your requirements, whatever your needs we can fulfil them.

This is from there webb site

assuming you have one or two rooms where only the gadgets in the room would be used [kitchen for example]
could you not change all the sockets in that room except one perhaps for communal eqipment like hoovers fans and radios ect

then you will have several spare plugs

I reckon it would cost less than £100 in parts to replace the 50 sockets and the you would not need to worry about finding the old style plugs, changing the plugs on appliances to use in the communal areas - and then not being able to use them anywhere else - or using old parts found at boot fairs or ebay.

Only a thought though

zicop said:
It's a residential building and there are about 50 double sockets with this different fitting in the communal areas and we only have 1 plug top.

Are you the landlord/caretaker? The reason they are non-standard is to stop people using them without permission.

ban-all-sheds said:
Weren't / Aren't Crabtree's non-standard ones round?

As far as I recall the crabtree non-standard plugs have a round earth pin, and the OP's plug has a round neutral pin.

All the non standard sockets I have ever fitted have had a non standard shaped earth pin, such as MK which have a T shaped earth pin.

K1257WHI.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back